Title: Principal Backend Engineer (Scala)
Join Tubi TV and reinvent the way consumers consume movies and TV. With over 40,000 movies & TV shows, over 2 million users a month watch over 100M minutes of the world's largest free catalog of premium content. With backing from leading VC firms, and content partners like MGM, Paramount and Lionsgate, we are well positioned to disrupt the streaming media space.
Our polyglot backend serves thousands of requests per second, has outstanding availability and helps millions of users enjoy free content every day.
Why work here?
- A tight-knit team of passionate people and a tech-first business.
- Autonomy and end-to-end ownership.
- In addition to VC funding, Tubi TV generates healthy revenue and is close to profitable.
- We offer very competitive pay, equity, full medical, dental & vision benefits, catered lunch, gym subsidies and your choice of hardware.
- Yearly bonuses depending on individual and company performance.
We get excited about candidates who have:
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or other related field.
- At least six years of industry experience and at least two years working with Scala full-time
- Experience building reactive systems with Akka or other actor based concurrency models
- A healthy passion for code correctness and high service availability
- Previous AdTech experience is a very strong plus
- Experience with Elixir and/or gRPC is a plus but not required